As a sales manager, have you ever done the following…
- Dealt with a colleague who is evasive or tells you what he or she thinks you want to hear?
- Tried to communicate with a sincere individual who just doesn’t give you the information you need when you need it?
- Made an inquiry to an individual, but their behavior is passive aggressive – the response is positive, but their actions are negative?
Despite your best efforts, it’s a challenge trying to understand what makes this person tick. Yet this person is vital to your organization’s success. He or she has key information. In fact they have great ideas. If only you can channel their resistance into cooperation, you can meet those deadlines, improve productivity, and have a more positive and motivated work environment.
Actions We Help You Develop
- Achieving an action plan by diffusing the responses below.
- I’m too busy…
- As soon as I get to it…
- I’ll get back to you…
- Focusing on the solutions and not just the problems.
- Eliminating the communication silos that can impede the flow of data.
- Making sure their words and actions are aligned with expectations.
- Gaining insight into a colleague’s values, beliefs and motives to build trust.
- Confronting the tough issues before they fester.
- Fostering an environment that embraces accountability.
- Expanding the comfort zone of a rigid mindset that resists change.