Learn the ugly truth about medical device sales training.
Questions That Sell
Fans of Paul Cherry’s Questions That Sell are singing its praises! The concepts introduced in this highly-rated book create a foundation for all PBR programs and workshops!
Subscribe to our Performance Based Results Newsletter and receive 75 Best Questions to Close More Business.
Medical Device Sales Training
Medical Diagnostics | Medical Equipment | Healthcare
In today’s medical device and healthcare industries, sales reps are coming to terms with a new reality about selling. It’s no longer just about convincing a physician or surgeon that your device is beneficial to the patient. Reps must understand the specific needs, language and behavior styles of their healthcare customers.
Our medical device sales training stresses the importance of a selling strategy that will deliver more business at higher margins and adapt to a complex and highly-competitive sales environment. We help reps develop the skills to:
- Ask powerful questions to leverage relationships with the myriad of decision-makers — hospital C-level executives, healthcare GPOs, price-driven material managers — who influence the buying process.
- Build rapport, trust, and credibility with doctors, surgeons and buyers.
- Learn to adapt to physician's thinking and behavior styles.
- Develop a systematic approach to increasing sales performance.
- Expand the comfort zone and adapt to change.
- Tailor a value-added solution to close more medical device and healthcare sales at higher margins.
CLIENT LIST: Medical Sales Training
Here are some of the companies we’ve provided sales and management training in the medical device & diagnostics, medical equipment and healthcare industries. To learn how we can customize a solution for your organization, contact Paul Cherry at 302-478-4443.
CASE STUDY: Global Medical Device Manufacturer
Highly technical medical device sales professionals had difficulty gaining access and engaging physicians. Too much time was spent driving to accounts, service calls, paperwork, calling on non-decision-makers (nurses, therapists, billing clerks, technicians, and administrative assistants). Additional challenges included the following:
- No structured sales and sales management process in place.
- Every rep sold differently—lack of a uniform approach/lack of consistency and accountability.
- Product marketing department did not communicate with sales department.
- Sales reps too comfortable selling one product line over other product lines.
- PBR put together a medical device sales training and medical device sales management training program focused on physician engagement strategies.
- PBR also customized a C-level executive sales training program to equip the sales reps to pro-actively call on hospital administrators, CEOs, CFOs, VPs, Procurement Directors, GPO and IDN key decision-makers, etc.
- Medical device manufacturer documented $8,234,000 of sales revenue as a direct result of the 3 month sales training program.
- Medical device sales reps consistently sold all five product lines to meet performance targets.
- Medical device sales reps demonstrated the following sales improvement activities:
- 18.7% increase in sales calls.
- 24.3 % increased face time with the doctor.
- Shortened sales cycle by 17.2%.
- Increased closure rate by 16.9%.
- Greater marketing and sales collaboration to speed up product launches.
- 12 months after the training program, client increased sales revenue by 14%.
Training Delivery Methods
For Medical Sales Teams
For Individual Medical Reps & Managers
Medical Client Success Story 1
Lou Masella, National Sales Manager of Navix Diagnostix, hired a new sales force who were struggling to meet their quota. Lou worked with Paul Cherry and Performance Based Results over the course of a year. As a result, an additional 22.3% increase in sales was reported as a direct result of our sales training process.
Medical Client Success Story 2
Brad Gillespie, VP of Sales, for VIASYS Healthcare, a major medical equipment company specializing in respiratory therapy products, was looking to aggressively expand their marketshare. VIASYS sought Performance Based Results to deliver an advanced sales training program to their management team. Within six months of our process, the company reported their best sales quarter results (15% growth over last quarter). Brad attributes the successful outcome as a result of our training.