Last month, Sandra Saunders from Wright Medical participated in my successful sales training webinar, Engaging the C-Suite Executive, geared to the medical device industry. Sandra posed the following question:
“What is important to a C-suite hospital executive, and how can we best engage this person?”
Answers Hospital C-Suite Executives Are Seeking
This challenging question comes up often in our medical device sales training programs. Hospital C-suite executives are looking for answers on how to:
- Maintain/increase profitability.
- Differentiate themselves from other hospital choices (their competition), and trying to grow marketshare.
- Keep their board and shareholders happy.
- Better manage internal communications when employees don’t communicate well.
- Minimize risk and litigation.
- Adhere better to compliance and federal regulations.
- Improve employee morale and motivation.
- Hire and retain good quality workers from a limited pool and limited resources.
In one of our medical device sales training programs last month, it was eye-opening how many seasoned medical device sales reps in a role-play session would attempt to talk to a C-suite executive about products, e.g. hip or knee replacements, plates, screws, fixation, etc. If he/she tries to shoehorn a pitch into the conversation, all too often they find themselves quickly escorted out of the C-suite executive's office.